Join the webinar on 30. May 2018, 3:00 PM – 4:00 PMToday, photovoltaic (PV) systems are the most dominant and important renewable energy technology in the world. In 2017 alone, global investments in PV systems increased by 15% to a level of 160.8 billion EUR. Compared to wind energy, PV is already the cheapest energy generation source in most southern and high solar irradiation countries. However, to fulfil climate mitigation goals and energy security goals among others, investments need to further scale up so that the PV sector can meet the demand of emerging markets’ increasing power consumption.
You will discover:
- what are the different types of solar projects (including residential and commercial) and what the benefits are for all involved parties
- what the benefits are of non-recourse project finance for PV projects
- practical examples that also reveal the main risks associated with PV projects in different phases of the project life time
- hints on typical pitfalls
- ideas on how to implement marketable solutions
- you are a practitioner working in a financial institution (public or private) and you want to better understand solar project finance, whether you are advanced or a beginner
- you want to explore renewable energy, particularly PV, as a new field of business for your financial institution.
- you are already working on PV projects in the finance industry and need some new ideas, hints or exchange with other experts
The PresenterAs a Finance Consultant for renewable energy project developers, financial investors and public utilities for over 15 years, Alexander Boensch has been involved in renewable energy projects with an installed capacity of more than 750MW and has successfully raised capital of approx. 1.3 billion EUR.
He recently joined RENAC’s Green Banking Team, however he has provided seminars, course design concepts and e-learning content for RENAC since 2008.